Friday 22 March 2013

Five Weeks

We've been here five weeks today.  It seems to have passed very quickly but at the same time, living in Leicester seems like an age ago. The variation in weather has been very striking - our neighbour Pete told us jokingly during the first week that the sun always shines in Whatstandwell, and it did seem to for the first couple of weeks. Sue got the lawn cut, and several times I had my lunch in the garden, enjoying the sun. I remember the walk in Bradford Dale when I was sure that Spring had arrived.  I also remember getting sunburned at Wembley last year at the Johnstones Paint Trophy final, which was on 25th March, so we are entitled to think that Spring is near.

But today Winter is back with a vengeance, with about 7cm of snow and more forecast.












No comments:

Post a Comment