Thursday 28 February 2013

Thursday

Another lovely sunny day. To Wath upon Dearne to pick up some chairs we bought on e-bay, then to Jayne's for lunch and a cross-country trip home.

And my first pension pay-slip. I was a bit shocked at how little I was getting but the pay-slip shows I am over-paying tax to the tune of over £130 a month, which is quite a relief; once it's sorted it will be much nearer to what I was expecting.

Lunch in the garden yesterday, enjoying the view. There are frogs stirring in the pond, which is promising.  And new worms arrived by mail-order, for the compost wormery.  We'll put them into their new home tomorrow. I wonder if the courier knew what was in the parcel?

A visit from Donna and her dogs tomorrow.  I'll try to post some pictures.  And maybe give a bit more detail about the inside of the house.

I hear the PM and Boris are distressed that bankers' bonuses are to be limited to a year's pay.  How things change - clearly we're back to thinking that we need greedy scumbags who don't actually create or provide anything worthwhile to keep the country afloat. We haven't actually learnt anything from the 2008/2009 debacle.

No comments:

Post a Comment